*hides good snacks from family members*
there’s a word for that
hello my name is maggie and im a defensive eater..
hello maggie and welcome to defensive eaters anonymous now who took all the cookies
That would be the most stressful meeting to supply snacks for.
So I went to tamorapierce and Bruce Coville’s talk today (and got Squire signed and fangirled, but that’s beside the point), and someone, during the Q&A asked a question about what exactly the Chamber is, and here’s what I learned:
- The Chamber is a lesser god.
- The Chamber doesn’t focus on specific things per se, but every once in a while it sees something that it deems needs to be fixed and does something.
- The lesser god in the Chamber is not confined to the Chamber and is probably never all there at once.
- This god is older than the current gods that the people worship (at least, I think that’s what I understood)
- The god created the Chamber for itself as a place and for things because reasons(?)
So the whole lesser god thing explains why the Chamber can do things like drive people insane and give beatings that have previously been given, but it also brought up some questions in my head:
- How did humans discover the Chamber? Was it just standing there and someone went inside and it talked to them?
- What happened that made them decide that the Chamber would be the final step for squires to become knights? Was it the god’s idea, or was it the humans’?
- Seriously I want to know more about the Chamber’s origins. I mean, did people just come across this random room in the middle of nowhere way back when and think it was cool or something?
- Also, if the Chamber is this lesser god that’s so ancient, does that mean it knew the Ysandir?
SERIOUSLY Y’ALL IT WAS AWESOME AND I NEED TO KNOW ALL THE THINGS.
Wait, so did they build the castle around the Chamber?
And if the Chamber is older than the current gods, where did those gods come from?
I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS NOW.